This is Dave. Isn't he precious? I don't know if I'd be as trusting as he is of the cleanliness of that couch cusion, but it doesn't look like he minds too much. Dave is an interesting person. He has an uncanny ability to turn the most mundane things into profound theological premises. Take the other night, for example: in no fewer than 2,000 words he described to me his most recent endeavor to relate the Smurfs to the New Testament's use of 2nd Temple Judaic terminology. So, for instance, instead of saying, "It is by grace you have been saved, through faith, not by works so that no one can boast," one could just as easily say, "It is by grace you have been smurfed, through smurf, not by works so that no smurf can smurf." I'm sure you see the connection. If not, don't come to seminary; this is all we do here.
Now, as you can tell from the photo, all this thinking really tuckers the poor guy out. But so strong is his conviction that these questions need to be answered that he is willing to brave even the sanitary dangers of the couch so long as it affords him the mental energy to forge ahead. That's dedication, ladies and gentlemen.
Basing his diet completely on raw vegetables and turkey sandwiches keeps him from wasting time cooking, which means more invaluable insights from the mind-o-dave, and thusly a better world.
Here are some little known facts about Dave:
1. He pronounces "cognac" phonetically.
2. He's secretly vying with Tanner Capps and Andy Coleman to be the beard-successor to Dr. Dan McCartney. He's losing.
3. He doesn't sleep, he waits...oh wait, nevermind, that's Chuck Norris. Which brings me to number four:
4. Chuck Norris is afraid of Dave.
5. His life's passion is to one day become a bicycle cop BUT...
6. ...contrary to popular belief, Dave is not the short shorts guy from Reno 911.
7. His favorite color is whatever the color is of the current book he's reading.
8. "Ontological" is his favorite word, followed closely by "twitterpated"
9. His greatest role model is Justin Timberlake as can be noted from this file photo of Westminster's boyband "Machen's Warrior Children"
10. Dave's favorite drink is: Scotch, scotch, scotch. I love scotch. Down it goes...into my belly. Mmm, mmm, mmm.
So I hope you all have a greater appreciation for our friend Dave, the intricacies of whom approach unfathomability. But still, he's no Sam Boyd. (see http://www.samboydfans.blogspot.com/)